Community Access Programme
We’re back, but with a few changesWe’re so happy to be back delivering this programme again. Like everyone, we’ve had to adapt for COVID-19. Things might be a little different and not all our activities will be starting immediately but our friendly staff are here to welcome you back and help you stay active with us in a safe, but most of all enjoyable way.
Our team are contacting participants to let them know about this support. You can also get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0131 458 2260.
About our Community Access Programme
Edinburgh Leisure’s Community Access Programme (CAP) supports community groups, organisations and charities to get the people they work with active. By working in partnership, we can help Edinburgh’s most vulnerable individuals and communities get active and improve the lives of the people of Edinburgh.
Regular physical activity helps:
- Reduce stress and improves mood
- Boosts confidence and self esteem
- Improves balance, flexibility and posture
- Improves quality and quantity of sleep
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer and diabetes in later life
- Build relationships and social skills
CAP provides organisations with:
Training to promote physical activity
CAP provides training for organisations looking to use physical activity as a tool to improve the lives of their service users.
Discounted group access
CAP provides reduced prices for partner organisations to access Edinburgh Leisure activities with groups of service users.
Discount cards for service users
Helping service users incorporate activity into daily life.
For more information please email email@example.com or call 0131 458 2100.
Apply as an OrganisationTo apply as an organisation please click the button below to access the application form.
Apply as an Individual
To referrer an individual please click the button below to access the application form.
What's changed at Edinburgh Leisure
- All activities are pre-booked only (via our app or website)
- We are cashless and accept contactless payments only
- We have safety guidance signage throughout our venues
- There are sanitisation stations to use before and after each visit
- All activities are timetabled with staggered session start times to reduce congestion
...and how you can help us!
- We ask that if you’re feeling ill or showing signs of COVID-19 do not attend our venues and follow NHS guidelines
- Please arrive ready for your activity
- Follow the safety guidance in place in the venue including wearing face-coverings in non-activity areas Use the hand sanitiser before and after your session/activity