Golf guidelines and terms & conditions
We have created a set of guidelines so you can use Edinburgh Leisure golf courses in a safe and enjoyable manner. Please stick to these guidelines at all costs, this way we can all enjoy the golf courses we know and love. Alongside this, we have put in place measures and standards which make sure our staff and customers can remain safe on the courses.
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with these guidelines, alongside our booking terms and conditions, before visiting an Edinburgh Leisure golf course.
To help you with our online booking system, we have created a series of step-by-step instructional videos.
How to create a pay-as-you-go account
How to create or reset your password
How to book for others
EDINBURGH LEISURE – COVID-19 GOLF RULES
Everything we have introduced is to ensure that we can welcome you back into an environment that is safe for you and our staff. We all have a responsibility as a community to keep each other safe, and by following the guidelines below we can do this whilst enjoying being back on our golf courses.
We’ll continually review what we have in place as advice from the government and sports’ governing bodies evolve over time.
We hope you enjoy your round.
1. IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK AND PLAY
You must book and pay for your tee time before you arrive at the course. To book a tee time online or via our app you must:
- Be an Edinburgh Leisure member (here’s how you can be a member)
- Have a discount card or loyalty card
- Have an account with us. If you do not have an account with us you can create one here to allow you to make a booking online/via our app
Full booking and cancellation terms and conditions can be found here.
At the moment you can only play four-ball social golf.
Our starter office will be open, but only one person at a time will be able to come into our buildings. You won’t be able to make use of any other areas (changing rooms, lockers etc). If you want to store something in one of our lockers, please speak to a starter when you are on the course.
Please bring what you need with you, we won’t have any equipment for hire and we will not be selling anything (snacks/drinks etc) at the course.
We ask that you follow the usual safety guidance of keeping 2 metres apart at all times, don’t touch any equipment that’s not yours, and use the hand sanitiser provided.
Please don’t come if you or anyone in your household, is displaying any symptoms of Covid-19. Click here to see the symptoms to look out for.
Toilets are now open and available for customer use.
Face coverings have been made mandatory and must be worn when in indoor communal areas. Customers do not have to wear them when taking part in their activity.
2. BOOKING AND PAYMENT
For the safety of our staff, we have to minimise the transactions that they do. Therefore, you have to book a tee time and pay in advance via our app or online; we can’t let anyone who has not pre-booked and paid onto our courses.
Edinburgh Leisure members and cardholders can book a tee time from 9pm, 8 days in advance. Account holders can book a tee time from 7 days in advance. Here's how to create an account.
Once you’ve booked, the system will let you and your guest pay for your round separately.
You can find full booking and cancellation terms and conditions here.
3. ARRIVING AT OUR COURSES
Arrive in car park no more than 15 minutes before your tee time.
Remember, there’s no access to changing rooms, so please change into your shoes and any outdoor wear whilst at your car.
Go straight to the starters office/area.
Welcome and check in
Everyone has to check in at the starter’s office, where we’ll be very pleased to see you. There will only be one person at a time allowed into our buildings. If someone is in the office, please wait outside.
Once checked in you can go to first tee. You must tee off within 2 minutes of your designated time.
Our staff have the right to work without receiving aggressive or abusive behaviour. If we are made aware of any such behaviour, we will act in accordance to our below terms and conditions.
4. PLAYING YOUR ROUND – WHAT’S DIFFERENT?
- On the tee; Only four people one the tee at a time. If you are the first player you must play your shot and leave the tee. The second player can then move onto the tee and so forth.
- No playing through. If playing through would be an appropriate decision, pick up balls and move on to next tee.
- One ball per player only – no multiple ball play.
- On the green: only one person on the green at a time. If you’re first to putt, you must play out the hole and then leave the putting green before your partner takes their turn.
- Sinking a put: flagsticks will still be in the holes, but please do not touch them. The holes will be shallower than normal to ensure you can pick up your ball safely without touching the flagstick.
- Once you’ve finished a hole: don’t move onto the next hole until the group in front has exited the tee area.
- Please adhere to social distancing at all times throughout your game.
- You can now play four-ball golf with four different households.
Throughout the course we won’t have bunker rakes, so please make as good as you can with your feet/clubs. Also, there will be no ball washers and our benches and bins will be covered (as per R&A Guidance) so please leave our courses as you find them and take any litter home with you.
5. AFTER YOUR ROUND
After you’ve enjoyed your round, please return directly to the car park. We would like you to leave within 15 minutes of finishing your round. We very much like seeing you but current guidelines don’t yet allow for social mingling, even at a distance.
We know it’s a little different just now, but we’re very happy to be able to see our customers again. We’ll continue to work hard to ensure everyone has an enjoyable and safe round of golf.
Booking & cancelling terms & conditions
Golf booking and cancellation terms and conditions
1. To ensure we meet social distancing guidelines all bookings must be pre-booked online/via our app.
2. During busy periods other customers may book into the same tee time if there is space available.
3. Customers can book only 1 tee time per day for themselves.
4. Please check in with our golf starter no later than 10 minutes before your tee time.
5. Bookings are non-refundable.
6. Playing rules and guidelines introduced 29/05/20 must be adhered to.
7. Should the course be deemed unplayable we can move your booking to a more suitable time or provided a refund. Refunds may take up to 7 days to process.
8. We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to abusive or aggressive behaviour towards our staff. We reserve the right to suspend your membership and your right to play at our golf courses if we are made aware of any such behaviour.
If you are an Edinburgh Leisure Direct Debit member, golf annual season ticket holder
1. You may book your tee time and that of a paying partner 8 days in advance.
2. Bookings can be cancelled online or via our app up to 3 hours before your tee time with no penalty.
3. If you book and do not turn up for your booking, or you cancel with less than 3 hours before your booked tee time, you will be liable to pay a £5 charge. We will email to notify you if you receive a ‘No Show’ or ‘Late Cancellation’ charge. You will have 7 days to pay this either online or via the app. If payment has not been made after 7 days your booking privileges will be restricted until your account has been cleared.
4. If you do try to book two tee times, for example, if you book a 3pm tee time at Silverknowes and then book a 3.15pm tee time at Braid Hills for the same day, the Silverknowes tee time will automatically be deleted and you will only have the Braid Hills booking. We will email you to confirm your first booking has been deleted.
Discount card and loyalty card holder:
1. You may book and pay for your tee time and that of a paying partner 8 days in advance.
2. Bookings are non-refundable if you cancel or do not turn up for your booking.
1. If you do not have an account with us you can create one here to allow you to make a booking online and via our app
2. You may book and pay for your tee time and that of a paying partner 7 days in advance.
3. Bookings are non-refundable if you cancel or do not turn up for your booking.
If, for any reason, you cannot book online or by the app the above terms and conditions also apply to booking in any other way.