Badminton is a sport for all ages. Throughout the year every participant is assessed against specific skills to enable them to progress and develop.
We are very happy to have coaching in our venues again. The positive feedback we have received from customers already using our venues saying how safe and enjoyable their experience with us has been has been has been hugely appreciated. We are working hard to ensure that our coaching customers have the same experience.
As with all our other activities in our venues, to ensure the safety of everyone we’ve introduced a number of measures. We will continue to review these measures over the coming months as the environment and guidelines from the Scottish Government and national sports governing bodies change. Our priority will always be the safety of our customers and our teams. Some key things to be aware of are:
- We may use different entrances and exits to our buildings than normal.
- If your child is older you may not be able to enter or stay in our buildings during your child’s lesson. This depends on the age of your child, and sometimes on the capacity of the building. Be assured if this is the case our team are there to help your child get to and from their class safely. We understand that there may be some circumstances where you may need to stay and support your child. Please discuss your requirements with the venue if this is the case.
We have to maintain a safe number of people in our venues at any one time. If you are coming into our buildings with your child for their lesson, only one adult can accompany a child and we are asking our customers not to take siblings/other children with them if at all possible. Children under 12 do not have to distance from each other, but still have to distance from other adults and therefore still have to be accounted for in our safety measures and calculations.
Important: In some sports the national sports governing body's guidelines mean we cannot allow accompanying siblings/other children.
- Please follow the rules about wearing face coverings. Currently anyone aged 5 years and over is required to wear a face covering until their class.
Before you come to your first class class it’s important to read where to go and what to do at your venue – see here for full details.
Full details of our guidelines and what to expect in each of our venues can be found in ‘Coaching Guidelines’ below.
We know that this is a little different – for everyone - but we can assure you that our welcome will be as warm and our lessons as fun as ever. Our teams will always be there to look after you and your family. We appreciate your understanding as we work together to keep everyone safe.
Find out more about:
Badminton Stage 1
Ideal for those who want to play badminton and who are currently at just beginning to play badminton. Our badminton coaching has a real emphasis on playing the game and improving through experience.
Badminton Stage 2 (Invite Only)
For those who want to improve their performance and understanding of the game, and have progressed from the intermediate level. Our badminton coaching has a real emphasis on playing the game and improving through experience.
Booking & Class Availability
You can see what what classes are running where, check availability and even request a space - all online in 3 simple steps:
- Decide which class would be right for your child using our class information above.
- Find out where and when your class is on and whether it has spaces using the 'Class Availability' button below.
- You can then check space availability (updated every 4 hours) and complete a simple online 'Request Form'.
IMPORTANT – KEEP SAFE GUIDELINES
We have introduced rules and measures to ensure that we can welcome you back into an environment that is safe for you and our staff. We all have a responsibility as a community to keep each other safe, and by following our guidelines we can do this whilst enjoying being back.
1. Important things to know about our coaching classes
2. How to find your way and what to expect in each of our venues
Please bring your own racquet where you can. We will have a limited number of racquets available for emergency use.
When can children start Badminton?
Our Badminton classes are available to kids aged 5 years and over
These are general level classes ideal for those who want to play badminton and who are currently just beginning to play badminton. Our badminton coaching has a real emphasis on playing the game and improving through experience.