Tumbles at Portobello
We are now open!
We are delighted to welcome you back through our doors and to get back to helping Edinburgh keep active and well - always. We're very grateful for all the support we have received throughout lockdown and can’t wait to see you again soon in our venues.
Tumbles at Portobello
We're delighted that our gymnastics coaching program is running again at our purpose built gymnastics facility. We have classes for all levels of ability from 18 months to 17 years. At Tumbles your child can move through the full gymnastic pathway as their skills develop. Please keep an eye out for our latest updates about our softplay centre.
How to book a class
See our class timetable and space availability. You can request to book a class or note interest in a class if it's full. Cick below to find out how.
COVID-19 Coaching Guidelines
Keep up to date with our latest guidelines and information when planning a visit to our venues.
Everything you need to know about our classes
You can see what what classes are running where, check availability and even request a space - all online in 3 simple steps:
- Our sports classes cover everything from pre-school tinies through to club standard coaching. See which class would be right for you or your child using the 'our classes' button below.
- Find out where and when your class is on and whether it has spaces using the 'Class timetable' button below.
- You can then check space availability (updated every 4 hours) and complete a simple online 'Booking Request Form' to request a space.
Once we receive your form we'll do a check and get back to you to confirm whether we have a space held for you and what the next steps regarding payment are. Please be aware that your space is guaranteed only when we confirm we have received your Direct Debit instructions.
Our term dates
Our coaching term dates are below (subject to Scottish Government guidelines):
- Monday 16th November - Sunday 20th December 2020
- Monday 4th January - Sunday 27th June 2021.
Coaching will restart again after the summer school holidays on Monday 16th August 2021. We will be taking a break over the Christmas holidays but coaching will take place during the February and Easter school holidays.
Venue Opening Hours
|Monday||09:30 - 21:00|
|Tuesday||09:30 - 21:00|
|Wednesday||09:30 - 21:00|
|Thursday||09:30 - 21:00|
|Friday||10:30 - 21:00|
|Saturday||09:30 - 18:00|
|Sunday||09:30 - 21:00|
Opening hours for specific activities may differ from venue opening.
Manage your coaching online with the Coaching Home Portal
For customers in our coaching programme, you can access your online coaching home portal anytime anywhere for;
- Updates on your child's progress
- Online booking for the next class
Follow this link for more information on how to set up your Coaching Home Portal account.
Prices correct as at 1st April 2021
- Tumbles at Portobello, 20 Westbank Street, Edinburgh, EH15 1DR
- Click here to view our Information Hub, which is full of helpful FAQs and user guides.
- By Bus: Services by Lothian Buses Portobello High Street buses 21, 26, 42, 45, 49, 124, N26, N24
- By Bike: Use the Edinburgh CycleStreets Journey Planner for direct and scenic route options.
- By Car: We have a large car park for customer use.
- On Foot: Burn calories on the way. Visit Walkit Edinburgh, enter the postcode or street name of where you're walking from and you will be given an estimated walking time.