Next stages for customers who were in our climbing coaching programme in March
Some of our climbing coaching will be restarting at EICA Ratho from 16th November, subject to the Government's guidance at this time. However to ensure we follow the Scottish Government guidance and that of the Association of British Climbing Walls we cannot simply restart our pre-COVID timetable of lessons.
The Association of British Climbing Wall’s guidance means that we can only currently return the following young climbers:
- Rocksters who have completed NICAS level 3 and are working towards NICAS Level 4 or 5
- Advanced Youth Club
- Performance Squads (Mini Squad and EICA Youth Squad)
If your child is not in one of the classes that are restarting we will keep them on our lists and keep your direct debit for this class frozen until the situation changes, at which point we will get back in touch with you.
For those coaching customers who are able to return we have introduced measures to ensure the safety of everyone in the venue. We are following the guidance of the Scottish Government and national sport governing bodies and will continue to review our measures over the coming months.
Arriving at EICA
We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back, but please don’t visit if you, or anyone in your household, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
So we can adhere to regulations, we ask that nobody is dropped more than 5 minutes before their session is due to start.
- Rocksters will be met at Reception by an instructor.
- Squad and Youth Club climbers will be met by an instructor in front of the Softplay and Cafe doors on Level 1.
- We would encourage anyone who has their own kit to use it but we will have rock shoes, harnesses and helmets available if you don't.
- Our cafes are currently closed and all seats have been removed for our one way system. There will be a limited amount of space in the Patey Suite on Level 4 available during these coaching sessions for those who want to wait in a safe, physically distanced way. For track and trace purposes we will ask you to sign in and out of the Patey Suite.
During the sessions
Once they're on the wall, our sessions will feel much as they did before.
Instructors will be wearing face-coverings throughout the sessions. Climbers over the age of 5 should wear a face-covering as they move about the building. These can be removed to climb or take part in physical activity (ie warm up), and physical distancing will be maintained throughout. Follow this link for more information on current guidelines on face coverings.
We have many sanitiser points around the building and we will be encouraging climbers to use these frequently.
Our toilets are open but there are no changing facilities at this time.
End of session
- Rocksters will be taken back to reception by their instructor, who will supervise them being collected.
- Squad and Youth Club climbers can be collected at the drop off point, or make their own way out, at the end of the session.
- Anyone wishing to stay and climb will be welcome to do so but the climb session must be booked for track and trace purposes.
Our Direct Debits are taken monthly for 11 months of the year.
A junior coaching class up to 180 minutes is £61.40 per month.